Last week, I made a mod post
with a couple of new rules. The rules were:
1. prompts must not exceed ~250 words
, if you're not sure how long your prompt is you can check here
. Obviously if your prompt is just "Poe and BB-8 fake date!" there's no need for that.
2. no prompt-hijacking
3. try to leave fewer than 5 prompts per page
I also mentioned looking for volunteers to bookmark prompt to the delicious account. I'm still looking, btw!
Now, in light of some recent events, I'm adding more rules:
4. no more backseat modding
. I appreciate you guys want to help and care about people following the rules, I'm not being sarcastic here, but if you see a prompt/fill/someone breaking the rules you should let me know by commenting on the Ask a Mod
post and then let me deal with it. Do not engage.
5. reposting prompts from post one is not currently allowed
. I don't know how you'd prefer to deal with reposting:
- reposting from prompt post one can start in post 4, reposting from post two can start in post 5, etc
- special post for reposted prompts once we hit prompt post number [whatever]
- no reposting ever.
Let me know!
6. This has not happened yet, but I figure it's only a matter of time: no prompts based on real life tragic events
. That means no 9/11 AU, no segregation AU and absolutely no "AU where Hux is literally Hitler" I know the movie sort of went there, but fictional space nazis ≠ actual irl nazis who lived and killed actual people.
7. the most important new rule is PLAY NICE.
Lastly, by popular demand, we're having a short prompt freeze.
The kinkmeme will be once again open for prompts on Friday 22nd. eta
: I didn't realize it might look this way, but the prompt freeze is not punishment for bad behavior or whatever! It's only to encourage filling/reading.
Comments on this post are screened, I will unscreen them as I see fit.